Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

BOO BAG

Hello Boo Bag!

As Halloween approaching I was faced with a problem...I didn't have a cute treat bag for my 4 year old, so I created one. (16 month olds are too young for candy, yes I know I am a mean old mommie *sigh*)

The bag is made from standard canvas cloth and is lined in the same-I will be posting some directions for making your own *PLUS* directions on how to make your own fabric flowers.  The coolest thing about this project is that I had all the fabric in stock (meaning scraps) and didn't have to purchase one thing.  The letters were super easy. Just print the font and size from the computer and cut it out then use that for a template for your letters.  I then used a blanket stitch to hold the letters to the fabric (basic applique).  All the fabric is prewashed so the bag is washable.  Usually when appliqueing I iron the edges for the seam but the rag look is in so I decided that if the edges of the letters fray some it will add to the look.

  



Look for directions for you to make your very own BOO bag coming soon!
plus directions for fabric flowers and doing to blanket stitch.





Look for Friday's Party Day-with some spooky good recipes to make your Halloween party a scare!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment